This is by far my favorite oat snack recipe of them all at the moment. These are a must have in my house these days and they are so easy to make. I have to say that all of the energy bites I made in recent months have now completely replaced any kind of ordinary chocolates or cookies that you can buy off the supermarket shelves. Simply because, these are so much more tasty and they are better for you as well. So I really hope I can inspire you with this little recipe post and you give it a go too and get hooked just like me and my family.
You can get creative with this recipe. Chocolate pieces can be chunkier; peanut butter can be crunchy or smooth or just try any other nut butter of your choice. I used organic ingredients for my recipes. Sometimes I am adding a bit of extra into the mixture just like Spirulina, Macca or even hemp powder to add an extra booster. Instead of honey you can use Algave, maple or any other sweetener; the choice is yours.
- Food processor
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (or really any nut butter you like best)
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp honey (or any other sweetener of your choice)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (I use 80-90% dark chocolate)
- 1/4 cup lin seeds (equally can use flax seeds or others)
What to do:
- Break up the chocolate into chunks and blitz it up in the food processor until its broken down into tiny crumbs.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blitz until all is combined into a sticky dough
- Roll it all up into bite size balls