I tried over a very long time to make the perfect scrambled eggs fluffy and light; I think I finally perfected them. The secret is so simple: “beat the egg as if there is no tomorrow”. The more air is in the eggs, the more fluff will end up on your plate.
What you need: (4-6 people)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk (or 125 ml)
- 2 Tbsp Butter or margarine
- Salt and Pepper to taste
What you need to do:
- Crack the eggs into a bowl
- Beat the eggs, preferably with an electric whisk, until they are nicely combined
- Add the butter to a large pan and set to medium heat so the butter starts melting
- Add the milk to the eggs and whisk on the fastest setting to add as much air as possible to the mixture. I usually let the machine run for about 2-4 minutes.
- Add the mixture to the pan
- leave to set a little in the pan
- Use a spatula and gently push the edge of the egg into the center of the pan. Repeat until all of the egg is nice and fluffy
- I usually add a sprinkle of chive or parsley to the egg