This easy and delicious soup doesn’t cost you any more than £5 and easily serves 4 people. It is made with all fresh ingredients and is ready in less than 30 minutes overall assembling and cooking time.
There is lots of room to get creative by adding additional herbs and spices depending on your own taste.
What you need:
- 1 large sweet potato (400-600g)
- 2 medium size onions, diced
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 medium hot chilies, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tsp fresh ground ginger, grated
- about 1 handful of fresh coriander
What you need to do:
- peel the sweet potato cut into cubes
- peel and dice the onions
- chop the coriander
- chop the chilies
- peel and grate the ginger
- start with the onions and sweat them in a large pot with either a little oil or with water that covers the bottom of the pot. This will likely take about 5-7 minutes.
- add the Sweet potato, ginger, vegetable stock and coconut milk and stir to combine all ingredients nicely
- simmer the soup for about 20-25 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft
- blend the soup and add the coriander and chilies
- simmer for another 2-3 minutes
- serve with some fresh bread
- you can easily freeze any remainders.